Quarter Angel reconises that its operations affect the environment in a number of ways including:
- Consumption of resources, including energy, water, precious metals, plastics, chemicals and other consumables.
- Emissions to air, directly through burning of fuel and indirectly through use of electricity.
- Releases to water.
We are especially conscious of the supply chain impacts in obtaining the raw materials for our products.
As well as maintaining compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, through this policy we are
committing to minimise our environmental impact by limiting direct and indirect pollution to air, water and land.
We have a programme of continuous improvement to minimise waste.
Quarter Angel aims to:
- Implement, where practical, measures to conserve energy, water and resources across the organisation.
- Minimise the use of chemicals.
- Investigate opportunities to switch to recycled supplies of metals and plastics.
- Seek, where practical, sustainable and ethical alternatives for all other purchasing requirements.
In the past year, we have approached our suppliers to investigate more sustainable material and production opportunities
and are working to find practical solutions. So far, we have:
- Adopted packaging manufactured from recycled materials.
- Reduced our use of printed marketing materials, with those that we do use being of small size to minimise